About Me

My photo
Yarnland, State of Wool, Germany
I´m a total crafts junkie and started with knitting and crocheting when I was 10 years old. Over the years I got totally addicted to yarn and fibers and what you can do with them when you knit them or crochet them. Well, to make a long story short. I have to much yarn now! A lot of unfinished projects and I kept buying new yarn! This is the experiment, that in the next 365 days I will not buy any new yarn and will use up all the yarn I got to make things and then sell them in my onine store. At the end of this year I will donate 5% of my earnings to a good cause, which I still have to find. Please feel free to add me, follow my blog, subsribe or just e-mail me to make suggestions for a good cause!

My etsy shop

Jan 12, 2010

Day 15 - Progress, progress, progress...

Hello there,

in the past I always started one knitting project and before I was done, I used to put it aside for a couple of weeks and started a new one. Because I saw a nice picture on flickr of something knitted and bought the yarn and started to knit it, saw something new, but it aside and started the new thing I saw. Well, I made progress here. I haven´t been buying any yarn lately, well, except for the greyish yarn with the black and white dots, for the baby jacket, but hey I finished this one, so I´m not counting it!

But I think I finally getting better at it. I was downtown yesterday and also visited the usual yarn stores I´m going to and I saw some really nice yarns but I didn´t buy any. Can you believe it? I didn´t buy any. I went home and continud with the projects I started and I finished the second february Baby Sweater today. I just got ne buttons for it because I don´t had those colors at home.




And just now I started the next project with yarn from my STOCK!!!! I already had this yarn and finally I´m knitting something with it. It´s Mohair, 25g and 100 m a skein, and a beautiful purple,pink, blue mix.




I saw a really nice picture of an Mohair cowl on flickr, here´s the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/norwayneedles/364438461/

But I don´t have any round needles that would work. It says 7 mm needles, which I have, but the round needles I have the string is to long and wouldn´t work in the beginning. You know to knit in the rounds.

So I´m trying a trick. I will start on straight needles for the first 2 rounds and then see if the length will fit with the round needles, so I can switch. Cross the fingers for me that it will work.

Other than that I talked a lot today with friends on the phone and making plans for the weekend.

Talk to you tomorrow, I wanna work a little bit more on my new scarf / cowl project.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colours of your second FBS, it's very Spring-like. Nice!

    ReplyDelete