About Me

My photo
Yarnland, State of Wool, Germany
I´m a total crafts junkie and started with knitting and crocheting when I was 10 years old. Over the years I got totally addicted to yarn and fibers and what you can do with them when you knit them or crochet them. Well, to make a long story short. I have to much yarn now! A lot of unfinished projects and I kept buying new yarn! This is the experiment, that in the next 365 days I will not buy any new yarn and will use up all the yarn I got to make things and then sell them in my onine store. At the end of this year I will donate 5% of my earnings to a good cause, which I still have to find. Please feel free to add me, follow my blog, subsribe or just e-mail me to make suggestions for a good cause!

My etsy shop

Jan 13, 2010

Day 16 - Walking miles and miles for yarn....

Today I had a long to do list I had to get done with and so was walking around a lot downtown today. Library, City Hall, the post office, sending out applications, several yarn stores and so on. But it felt really good today because today, unlike the weekend and the start of the week, the sun came out and it was still minus some celcius but it was warmer than usual. So being outside and breathing the fresh air felt sooooo good!

I met a really nice person through a request of mine on a flickr picture of hers. And we doing a yarn swap now, which I´m really excited about. So I found some really cool yarn for her (which I hope she will like) and also one skein for me. I know, I know... everybody who´s reading my blog since the beginning knows that I didn´t want to do that anymore. But I did! It was a weak moment and I didn´t do anything about it.

But look my happy face:


Doesn´t I look HAPPY??? It´s a hand dyed sockyarn, a bit thicker and right now I can´t decide between knitting socks out of it or maybe a really cool lace scarf I can also wear in spring?

Here is a better view on it:




And remember how I wrote yesterday, that I started with a mohair scarf / cowl project. It´s going pretty well but I´m not quite sure that the yarn I have will be enough. I thought first that I will knit it in the rounds, but that was quite difficult and so I´m knitting it on straight rosewood needles, which I bought while I visited a dear friend of mine in the states, and it´s going well. But like I said, I hope it will be long enough. The picture that follows shows how much I get out of one ball and I have three more to go. And it´s not like I can buy more, because it was sale out at a yarn store.... AAhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!




We will see how that works out. So much from my side. Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. That IS a happy face! Hopefully you'll have a similar one when you get your package :)

    ReplyDelete