About Me

My photo
Yarnland, State of Wool, Germany
I´m a total crafts junkie and started with knitting and crocheting when I was 10 years old. Over the years I got totally addicted to yarn and fibers and what you can do with them when you knit them or crochet them. Well, to make a long story short. I have to much yarn now! A lot of unfinished projects and I kept buying new yarn! This is the experiment, that in the next 365 days I will not buy any new yarn and will use up all the yarn I got to make things and then sell them in my onine store. At the end of this year I will donate 5% of my earnings to a good cause, which I still have to find. Please feel free to add me, follow my blog, subsribe or just e-mail me to make suggestions for a good cause!

My etsy shop

Jan 4, 2010

Day 7 - I was so bad today...

Well.... how should I start?

Hi, my name is Beatrice and I´m a Yarnoholic! I can´t pass by a yarn store without looking. And today apperently also buying.

I was so good since I started my 365 days project and also finished two projects, but today was...I don´t kow?...BAD!!!

I wanted to look for buttons for the toddler sweater I´m knitting and it happens that at the same department they sell yarn. So I couldn´t resist and bought some really nice yarn (3 skeins) of a greyish yarn with white and black dots in it!

I waited for the lady at the register to scream, NO!, she´s back!, let´s close the doors and don´t let her in or she will shop all the yarn we have left... but nohing! I also waited for someone to wrestle me down, clime on top of me so I can´t buy the yarn and shout:"YARN POLICE! Drop all the yarn you have in your hands!" But again nothing like that happened.

So I bought the 3 skeins and went home and started right away with the February Baby Sweater of Elizabeth Zimmermann and so far it knits up pretty fast. I think I will at least finish the Yoke and the beginning of the pattern tonight.

But before I have to get something to eat! Knitting and being hungry, don´t really go well together. I had a subway sandwich for lunch but that wasn´t enough.

Pictures of the fnished projects, the new yarn and the FBS (February Baby Sweater) will follow tomorrow.

Greetings,

The Yarn Junkie

2 comments:

  1. Yarn can really do that to you. My husband gave me strict instuctions that I was not allow to bring another skein of yarn until this house until I had at least made him a sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yarn can do that to me! It´s almost 3 a.m. here in Germany and I´m done with the part of the FBS I wanted to be done with tonight. But I had to go back a few rows and start again with the lace pattern. Well, it wil be for a beautiful baby! :-D

    ReplyDelete